Retractable Stages are designed to provide an answer to the problem of space limitations. Available in two models, Recessed Mounted, which retracts into the wall and Surface Mounted which folds up against an existing wall. Both models work well in converting classrooms, gymnasiums and cafeterias to other uses such as auditoriums.
- Costs less - The high cost of permanent stage construction, including proscenium arch construction and side walls, are eliminated.
- 240 square feet of stage stores automatically in 24 square feet of building floor space with the turn of a key
- May be 'build into' a new project (Recessed)
- May be 'added on' (Surface)
- Raises or lowers in less than a minute
- Permanently attached to the wall and power operated to lower to a specific position - No janitorial or maintenance staff is needed to make the conversion.
- Converts any general purpose room, gymnasium or cafeteria to an assembly area with auditorium characteristics
- Platform is solid and free of hardware and hinge joints, providing a safe attractive surface
Features and Options
- The electrically powered winch mechanism effortlessly moves the stage into the stored position in less than a minute.
- The detachable stairs with handrail and safety-tred steps are code compliant.
- Our Standard size is 12' x 20'. Custom sizes are also available to suit the client's needs.
- Aut-o-Loc safety device assures absolute safety during extension and retraction.
- The stage surface can be finished in a variety of finishes including carpeting, wood or linoleum.
- The shroud around the stage is provided with primed, paint grade plywood allowing the client to finish the shroud to match surrounding decor. Other finishes are also available such as select birch plywood or select oak plywood.
Specifications: RS-1 Surface Mounted or RS-2 Recessed Retractable Stage system. The platform shall be constructed of an aluminum modular substructure to receive 5/8 " plywood sub-floor.
Stage shall be complete with heavy duty electrically operated winch mechanism controlled by a key operated safety switch and concealed limit switches. Retractable Stage shall automatically and positively lock in the extended position without the use of floor locks. Stage is to be complete with hardwood skirt board and detachable, portable safety-tred steps with handrails.
Electrical: Electric winch assembly with minimum 208V, 3PH, 3/4 HP instant reverse motor, magnetic starter, overload protection device, spring loaded key switch, and three limit switches. Electrician to supply power and hook-up to all stage components and is responsible for proper hook-up as requested by MasterCraft.